Mother’s Day in Charlotte
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and recently Charlotte Five debuted their list of Top 8 places to take Mom. They tout the idea that an experience is much more memorable than a tangible gift so they’ve come up with outings that make this particular May 13th extra special.
Here are their top 5!
- The Mint Museum. Celebrating Moms on May 9th this year, the Mint is operating a free special event that includes pop-up shopping vendors and a special gallery tour of their theatrical themed displays. While the event is free, it does require registration.
- Petra’s. Another free event, Petra’s is hosting BYOV: Bring Your Own Vinyl. Moms are invited to bring their tried and true favorite records for DJ Tober to spin. This trip down memory lane takes place on May 9th from 8-11pm.
- Hey Sugar Shop. This confectionery sweet spot is hosting a lovely afternoon event on both May 11 and 12. The Mother’s Day Floral & Fizz Event includes an appetizer and dessert bar, a lesson in top cookie trends, mimosas, and a cookie cake to take home. There is a cost and tickets are required.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. On May 12, DSBG will offer their timeless Wine Walk throughout their pristine gardens. Guests will be able to enjoy a sampling of 5 different wines spread throughout the garden. While Mothers and Garden members are admitted to the garden for free, there is an additional cost for the Wine Walk.
- Skillpop Charlotte. This hands-on event is a fun, memorable way to get artsy in a watercolor class. At Skillpop, you’ll learn the basics of watercolor and be taught, step-by-step, how to make your special painting. The class being held on May 19th is a designed to create a completely customized painting of your house– it even requires you send in a photo beforehand so the teachers are prepped and ready to help. Class requires pre-registration.
Their list contains three more event ideas as well as more information on times and logistics for the events we listed here. For all the deets, be sure to check out Charlotte Five!